Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Play Doh Fun and Art!

Well, the girls have missed quite a few Gymboree Play Classes recently due to this upper respiratory funk.  In between the illness's we have attended a Gymboree Art Class geared towards toddlers.  They go over different textures and colors.  It is a great place for the kiddos to play and perhaps learn a few things too.  Like last week Jill learned not to put the paintbrush in your mouth.  Green paint is icky!  And Kate learned that brown paint mixed with cornstarch (for a rough texture) does not make for a good facial scrub.  It also tastes icky!

TREES



DOG WALKING IN GRASS






This week we played with some play doh at home.  I haven't been brave enough to break out any paints yet.  Perhaps we will do that this summer when I can just hose them off in the backyard. 






1 comment:

Mari Rydings said...

I'm just now catching up on my fav blogs. You are a way better mom than me - you let the girls mix Playdoh colors! Actually, I broke down the last time we played and let them mix. I was a fidgety wreck the entire time. HA! I also noticed you use the same strategy as I do - strapped in their highchairs. I'm really going to miss those chairs when the girls outgrow them.