Friday, April 10, 2009

Austin Trip



The girls and I recently traveled to Austin to visit my family.  It was a great change in weather.....yay sun!  We had such a wonderful time with everyone.  

Both girls have become quite independent the past few weeks.  Both are speaking more words and phrases every day.  They love to repeat everything you say.  We have noticed that curse words are also repeated so we have cleaned up our act.  A two year old cursing is NOT funny.  :) 

Both of the girls have hit the 'Terrible Twos'.  It's like a bomb going off, a nuclear attack, and a massive earthquake - all in under 33 inches.  They scream, throw themselves down, holler, roll around, cry, hit, and kick.  Did I mention the screaming and the hollering?  Yeah, it's good times around here.  Meltdowns are normal and daily.  I had mentioned this to my family a few times, but of course no one believed that my sweet little angels could really be little terrors.  Until they saw it with their own eyes.  Seeing is believing - these kids are going through the terrible twos.

One wonderful thing they have started doing is expressing love.  Jillian and Kate will both hug you and say "I chew" which is "I love you" in 20 month old language.  If you sneeze Jillian is quick to offer a "bless you".  I love these little moments!


Miss Lilly



Miss Shellby


Spencer, the Nut, playing t-ball.




Jillian and Katelyn cheering Spencer on!






Their new favorite game is "Run from Mommy".  It's quite the hoot to a 2 year old.  Not so funny to mommy.


Jillian giving chase.







Ryland and Spencer watering the hanging plants.







Miss Jillian acting like a baby in the bouncy seat.  



No comments: