Thursday, April 22, 2010

Overland Park Arboretum

Spring is in full swing. YAY! The trees are blooming, the ground is sprouting with flowers, and the grass has finally turned green. This is also why I haven't posted in a while. The kids and I have been trying to spend every waking moment outdoors enjoying the sun and weather. We finally have a rain day - just in time for me to catch up on the blog.

The pollen this year has been abundant to put it mildly. People that have never experienced allergies are suddenly sneezing, wheezing, and snotting. Including my sweet heathens. Kate has especially been affected. She has been sneezing and her voice has become extremely hoarse. Of course, that doesn't keep her from narrating the entire day. And by entire day, I mean she will give you a play by plan announcement of every activity. "Mommy, I am going to find Jill. Mommy, what's that? Mommy, I stomp like this. Mommy I go slide. Mommy, I go swing. Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy." You get the idea. It's charming the first few times - not so much the remaining million times. Luckily the pollen has left Jillian unscathed for the most part. Just a few sneezes here and there, but nothing alarming.


Nope, that's not snow in April. That would be pollen and stuff from a neighbor's cottonwood tree.



We took an early trip to the Arboretum to see the early blooms. Lovely!




















The tree in front of our house EXPLODED with flowers last week.







No comments: