Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Meringue Cookies

Yeah I am a sweet junkie.  I will admit it.  I don't have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth.  I decided last week to try my hand at chocolate meringue cookies.  I have made them before what seems like eons ago.  Well, apparently my cookies didn't turn out right.  I could never get the eggs whites to form a stiff peak.  After several phone calls to my mom and 2 batches later, I finally got them to a stiff peak (YEAH ME!).  I was on a mission and I wasn't going to quit.  Then I burned that batch.  Yeah, typical.  So I gave it a rest for a couple of days and made my 4th batch yesterday.  They came out beautifully and quite tasty.  

I have to add that today I had another kitchen snafu.  I was making P. Fleming's delicious Sour Cream Coffee Cake for a new neighbor.  I poured the batter into my tube pan, added the filling, and poured the remaining batter in.  I picked up the tube pan ohhhhh soooooo carefully, and batter was streaming out of the bottom.  It looks like my tube pan was bent during our latest move.  So much for the coffee cake Mr. New Neighbor.  

I think I am hanging up my apron for the time being and giving the oven a much needed rest.


My first attempt.  Big failure to say the least!



Success at last and oh so delicious!


No comments: