Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Mommy's boo-boo

I am a klutz.  This is a widely known fact.  My mom always said I must have been born with 2 left feet.  I fall at the worst moments.  I trip over my own 2 feet.  Enough said.  My latest boo-boo begins like this:

Jason ordered me an iMac for my birthday.  I love photos, videos, etc and being able to play around with them on an iMac is GREAT!  I watched every shipping movement of "my precious" online.  Then last Tuesday was D-Day, delivery day that is.  Knowing that Fed-Ex would not deliver my precious without a signature, I knew I would need to be quick to answer the door.  As soon as I heard the bell ring, I was off to the races.  Unfortunately, my feet didn't catch up to me and I went down hard.   "Pimp Down! Pimp Down!" (Tanisha from Oxygen's "the Bad Girls Club").  Then, I heard an audible snap.  "That can't be good" was the only thing I could think, but I must get to the door quickly.  I scrambled to my feet and hopped to the door.  Luckily the Fed-Ex guy loves the door bell a little too much and was ringing it again for the 6th time.  So much for the girls nap, eh?  I grimaced, and signed for my precious.  Then I grabbed my cell phone and called Jason.  He's heard this before.."Honey, something isn't right.  I fell down and my foot is hurting SOOOO BAD.  I think I broke something cause I heard a snap."  He came home and took me to the doctor for an x-ray.  Sure enough, I broke my 5th metatarsal bone.  Basically that is the pinky bone (you know the piggy that went wee wee wee all the way home) that runs along the top of your foot.  It was broken in a couple of pieces and splintered.  I had to make a trip to the orthopedic surgeon.  He took a look at it and said no surgery since the fragments were facing towards the inside of my foot.  I may have a bumpy bone when it heals, but the bone will be facing inwards and shouldn't cause any problems.  In the meantime, I get to wear this super bulky beautiful black boot (barf).  I definitely need to pimp it out with some rhinestones, flames, or maybe a bedazzler (remember those?!).  I was on crutches for a few days until I could put a little pressure on my foot.  Poor Jason.  He really had to step up to the plate and take care of me and the girls, along with his other duties at work.  Poor guy.  He needs a vacation in a big way!  Now I am gimping around and taking it slow.  I am not completely sure how long I will have to wear this hideous beastly boot, but I go back to the orthopedic surgeon next week.    

The beast is so big that the girls can even play peek a boo behind it.  Good times!







Mommy's boo-boo is all better when I look at these silly pics of Jill.  What a stinker!


1 comment:

brandy lackey said...

Sorry about your foot. Love your boot..where can I find one? Your girls are soo cute! You guys are so lucky.