Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sunflower Fields

I love these people - http://www.krisgrinter.blogspot.com/

I mean really. Only in Kansas will you meet someone that says, "Hey, we have a sunflower field that is beautiful. Come out and take pictures with your family. Just don't block the neighbor's driveway. And if you take a sunflower home, please leave $1 in the lockbox. We are on the honor system." Only in Kansas people, only in Kansas! Think about it. I would likely be greeted with a shotgun if I went walking through someone's pasture in Texas. Not here. Not at the Grinter's Farm! I love it and we look forward to it every year. So thank you Mr. & Mrs. Grinter for planting a piece of beauty and serenity here in Kansas. Thank you for letting everyone enjoy it. Thank you for sharing!

Sunflowers as far as the horizon.







Oh mighty grasshopper, what say you?



Miss Sloane!


Children of the corn, errr, I mean children of the sunflowers. Yeah. That's what I meant.


Sam is 100% boy. He has never met dirt that he didn't like. Here he is contemplating the finer points of farming.




1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Sam won't farm...he'll learn that it takes way more work than what he wants to do. :)