Monday, March 10, 2008

How we met




Jason and I met through a mutual friend while we were living in Washington, DC. I knew from the moment I met him that somehow this man would change my life. Little did I know! We dated for 2 years and married on May 31, 2003. He is the ying for my yang and a wonderful husband. He is my best friend and my soul mate.

Fast forward 3 years....we moved out of the Washington, DC area and set up home in Kansas City. After living in KC for a few months, we found out I was pregnant. Elated and excited, we looked forward to having a family. On January 8, 2007 at 8 weeks pregnant, we found out we were having twins! TWINS?!! Are you serious?! Oh life just got interesting!



My pregnancy was fairly uncomplicated. I was put on strict bedrest at 29 weeks due to preterm labor. I stopped measuring my waist when it got over 56 inches. I was large...very large. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was going for bio-physicals (sonograms) and my OB's office every week. It was a chore just to get to the doctors office. I waddled like I was about to explode. I had my last sonogram on July 11, 2007. The perinatologist abruptly stopped the sonogram and sent me to labor and delivery and recommended I deliver immediately. Baby B's (Katelyn) amniotic fluid was really low due to an aging placenta and my blood pressure was very high. Jason rushed home, packed my bag, and grabbed the camera. These babies were coming wether we were ready or not! I was prepped for a c-section and Jillian Mae was born first. Hearing her scream and cry was the best sound I have ever heard. Then Katelyn Harper was born one minute later. We were finally parents!

God has blessed us with two of the most amazing and beautiful babies ever!




No comments: