Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our First Haircut!

Lately the girls have been looking a bit shabby.  They have been sporting a full on Baby Mullet for a month now.  I first thought that I would trim it up myself.  Then I started having visions of the haircuts our poor yorkie Murphy has had to suffer at my hands.  The sight of his uneven beard kept taunting me.  I didn't want to be the mother taking her kids to a professional hair stylist saying, "can you fix this?"  

So today we packed up the kiddos and headed over to Shear Madness in Overland Park for the girl's first haircut.  I have to say that the whole set up at Shear Madness is pure genius!  They have these great little cars the kids sit in, movies playing and toys to distract them.  Whomever thought this up is pure genius I tell you!  Both Kate and Jill were so well behaved.  I actually was waiting to hear the long drawn out scream from one of them.  They didn't fuss one bit.  NOT ONE BIT!  I was shocked and very pleasantly pleased.  Both Jason and I took a very deep breath when we left.  Plus both of the girls now have the cutest little bob.  Trust me, there is no way I could have done that myself.  Just ask Murphy......


Jillian sporting the lovely Lady Mullet!

Kate gracefully displaying the "business up front and party in the back" Mullet.













1 comment:

Mari Rydings said...

CUTE!! I took my peeps for their first haircut over Thanksgiving weekend. They, too, were sporting mullets. I took them to my lady here in town who offers a free first haircut to babies. I wasn't sure what to expect, but both girls did really well. They still have mullets to some extent b/c I couldn't bear to say bye-bye to their curls, and their hair is still so thin it really can't be styled.