Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Pictures Attempt #1

I say "Attempt #1" because every parent knows there are multiple attempts at the perfect Christmas card photo. My kids are no different. Just when I get them in the same shot....one sees my glee and takes off running. It's like a toddler sixth sense.

The first attempt I loaded the girls up and went to Crown Center here in KC. We met Holly and Aubrey at the center and quickly scouted out a great location. A big beautiful tree in a quiet hotel lobby. Literally 5 minutes after we arrived, hordes of other children and their camera-toting parents showed up. Great. Well, I adjusted my camera and went to work. What I didn't realize until we got home was that my shutter speed was set too high for the dim light. So, out of 207 pictures, maybe 10 were not blurry. FANTASTIC. I do believe steam came out of my ears that afternoon. Failed attempt #1















After pictures, we decided to stop into Fritz's and have lunch. Fritz's is a Kansas City original. It is a train themed hamburger restaurant. There are trains that circle the dining area and even deliver your food. CHUGGA CHUGGA CHOOOO CHOOOOO!






No comments: