Monday, August 2, 2010

Deanna Rose with the Rogers!

Oh what a lovely day for Deanna Rose. I am being sarcastic. It was hot. Like 102-105 hot. Really stinking hot for Kansas. And the humidity. Ughhh. It felt like you were in the sauna at the gym. We were sweating like sinners in church. But, the kids enjoyed it and had a great time. Unfortunately we had to leave after only an hour because of the heat. Kids+heat = Really cranky kids. No matter how much water you push at your kids, they are still going to lose their sh*t in hot weather. It's like a guaranteed fit day.

Ryland pumping water


Even the pigs were trying to stay cool in the muddy water



Spencer and Kate petting the goats


Feeding the Koi fish




Ohhhh Spencer aka the NUT!


Ryland and Spencer


This is how the conversation went, "Jill don't stick your hand near the goose. It will bite you. Jill are you listening to me? Jill, DO NOT put your hands near the GOOSE!"

"WAHHHHHHH The goose BIT ME!" She's been goosed. Maybe next time she will listen to me. Or maybe not?!






Now this was a huge milestone for Katie to feed the baby goats. After the big "goat debacle of 2009" where a goat tried to eat her shirt, she wouldn't enter the pen without leaching onto me or screaming for me to pick her up. But with some gentle prodding and the encouragement of her cousins, she went right in to the goat pen and began feeding the goats. Way to go Katie!






Mom of the year moment for me. Instead of getting the goat off my child, I grab my camera and begin clicking away. Awesome mom!








No comments: