Monday, May 19, 2008

Austin Trip

The girls and I recently traveled to Austin, TX, May 6-13th. One of my great friends, Emily was tying the knot on the 10th in Austin and I couldn't miss it! So the gals and I packed up the car and left early Tuesday morning.






FIRST STOP ~ DALLAS, TX~


Ok, so the first stop was really in Oklahoma when the girls decided that it was time for a snack and diaper change, but who's counting. Both of them were really good. I couldn't have asked for a better drive down to Texas. We made it to Dallas JUST in time for 5 pm traffic ~ sigh! Thank goodness my sister in law, Shelly lives on the North side of Dallas in Plano. Unfortunately Shelly was traveling for business, but we were able to meet up with Sherry (also known as "Grammeeee") and Eli and catch some sleep before continuing to Austin on Wednesday. Eli was delighted to see the babies. He wasn't so delighted when they overtook his playroom and confiscated some of his favorite toys. He was so excited about the girls that when it came time for bed, he kept telling Grammy all about the girls bath and lotion. Needless to say, he went to bed a little late.







The next day the girls and I packed up again and prepared ourselves for another 4+ hours in the car. I was hoping to only stop once to feed and diaper the girls, but they had other plans. In other words, they pooped a bunch. We finally made it to Austin and to Aunt Suzie's house. We spent the rest of the week visiting with family. Jason flew to Austin Saturday morning to see the girls and I and to go to Emily's wedding. The girls got the biggest, cheesiest grin when they saw "daa-daa" peek his head into the stroller at the airport. Jason and I spent the day with Grandpa Glenn, Aunt Suzie, Aunt Glenda, Uncle Philip, and all of the girls cousins. The girls spent the night at Aunt Suzie's, giving Jason and I a much needed break, and some time to catch up with old friends at Emily's wedding. It was the first time I have ever left them for more than a couple of hours. Yeah, I will admit it, I cried. I think Camden and Avery said, "Good Lord Aunt Nene, they will be fine."



We had a wonderful time in Austin. But alas, Sunday came too soon and Jason had to fly back to KC for work. The girls and I left Austin on Tuesday and spent the night with Aunt Shelly, Grammy, and Eli in Dallas. Eli was VERY excited to see the girls again. This time, he knew they would hijack his toys and he had NO problems with it. We continued our trip back to KC on Wednesday.


HOME SWEET HOME!



We had such a wonderful time in Texas visiting with family and friends. Here are some pics from the trip.


Grandma Betty and Aunt Suzie have a Wii Bowl Off!








Sorry about all the chewed up and torn magazines Aunt Suzie!

Follow the Leader!



Lilly and her tasty fingers!


Ryland and Shellby caught a lizard and played with him all afternoon before we set him free.



Miss Jill helping Aunt Suzie fold laundry.







The girls and I!







Jill REALLY did not like the grass. Everytime I tried to sit her down she would lift her legs up! She is my Miss Priss!

1 comment:

Blain&Deedra said...

Those pictures are so cute! I tried my girls in the grass just this Sunday and they were NOT fans. It was pretty funny though. You are amazing woman!!! Long drive. Glad it all went well.