Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Bumbo Fiasco

Last week I came to the realization that the girls have completely outgrown their bouncy seats. Perhaps it was their legs dangling over the end or it was my sister screeching in the phone, "YOU STILL USE THOSE??? AREN'T THEY TOO BIG???" Either way - point taken. So now, what do I do with the gals when I need a shower?

BUMBO TIME! I pat myself on the back, grab the bumbos and a few toys to keep them occupied. Problem solved. I am enjoying my shower when I hear Jill wailing. Not just a fussy scream, but a "MOM I NEED YOU NOW" scream. I am rushing and rinsing as fast as possible. I get out of the shower and this is what I see.....


Kate escaped her bumbo, has been poking Jill and stealing her toys.


Kate with her most innocent face while Jill screams.

Much better mommy!


So now what??! Apparently the Bumbo's aren't safe for mommy's shower. It looks as though we will have to use the pack and play, aka the "baby kennel". So far it has worked like a charm....

1 comment:

Blain&Deedra said...

Wow it all looks so familier. My girls are doing the same things. But I got the Bebe Pods and with the tray on they are yet to escape. Knock on Wood. Don't you love them holding their own bottles? It is great freedom for me.