Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO, WE ARE TWO!

My dearest darlings turned two on July 11th, 2009.  It's hard to believe how quickly time flies.  I promise to stop fretting over the small things and enjoy just being.  Just being your mom.  Just hearing you talk, laugh, and yes sometimes argue.  I promise to cherish every moment.





My Dearest Jillian,

You were my first born.  In the middle of my c-section the doctors said, "Welcome little one!"  And there it was ... this faint yet strong willed cry "Nnnnaaayyy Nnnnaaay".  You cried liked that until you were about 4 months old.  Mommies little billie goat!  You were the smallest yet definitely the strongest.  You had been holding Katelyn up for 8 months.  You were such the sweetest baby.  You never cried unless you were very unhappy.  You still don't cry unless something is wrong.  You have an iron soul little one.  You can light up a room with your smile.  You have such courage and pride.  You have no fear and this scares me because you also inherited my lack of grace.  You often tackle new tasks with such vigor and enthusiasm.  I can turn my head and find you climbing anything and everything.  You are incredibly smart and can count to 10.  You enjoy helping me with laundry.  I don't expect you to enjoy it 7 years from now, but a mother can dream.  You need a full nights sleep and a full nap.  You have no problems with this.  Night and morning noises do not bother you.  You can sleep through anything.  You have a sweet sly side.  Like when I catch you doing something you shouldn't be doing - you give me this great big smile, run towards me yelling "MOMMY" and give me a great big hug.  How can I deny that?  You love books and reading.  It doesn't matter that we have read all the books hundreds of times.  You still love each and every one of them.  I love you more every day.  You are my sweetest pea Jillian.

Love, Mommy








My Dearest Katelyn,

You arrived one full minute after your sister.  But not to be outdone, you lit the room up with your peaceful screams.  I was sad when you two were separated in the NICU.  Even more frightened when Jillian was released and you spent several more days in the NICU.  I worried more than I should have.  You are a fighter, strong willed, and will not stop at anything.  You were the bigger of the two and that best describes your personality.  From the very beginning you have been my dramatic one.  From your puppy dog eyes, to your big tears and quivering lip you can make a person melt.  You are extremely outgoing.  You have yet to meet a person you did not like.  All it takes is about an hour and you will be crawling in their lap, patting their hand, and batting your long eyelashes.  You love to hold hands and give hugs.  You are full of compassion.  If a friend is upset, you know just what they need - some pats and maybe a hug.  Your face holds countless expressions.  I can get lost in just watching you play.  You are mesmerizing in all the right ways.  You love animals especially Murphy and Bailey.  You are often found loving and hugging on them saying, "Ohhhh Fluffy".  You are secretly OCD about bugs - flies and spigers (spiders) top the yuck list.  You will squeal in terror at the sight of "Spiger YUCK".  You are my little princess.  You love to dress up and prance around in shoes.  You love necklaces and even having your hair done.  You love your baby dolls.  You have this innate trait to 'mother' them with hugs, kisses, and feedings.  You are my tender hearted princess.  I love you more every day.  You are my sweet love Katelyn.

Love, Mommy

No comments: