Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Halloween




This year the girls chose their own costumes. First Jillian wanted to be Uniqua from the Backyardigans. Then she wanted to be Astro Boy. Katelyn wanted to be a mermaid princess. Fantastic. So here we are, strolling down the aisles at Wal-Mart and the kids fixated on the witch costumes. Then the pleading and whining began. "I wanna be a witch. Momma, can I be a witch??" "I thought you wanted to be Astro Boy?" "NO NO NO I want to be a witch like Katie." OK, so we picked out the witch costumes and I have to say, it was perfect. Well, perfect until they wanted to wear their costumes 24/7 in the weeks leading up to Halloween. After a few arguments and time-outs, we parked the costumes in a closet until Halloween arrived. The morning of Halloween, both of the girls were asking to go trick or treating at 7 am. Um yeah, I don't think the neighbors would appreciate that. At. All.









Katelyn




Jillian



This year we participated in our church's Trunk or Treat. It was a complete success. In fact, we ran out of candy (which was a LOT) about 1.5 hours into the party. Wow!






No comments: