Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Santa

This marks the first year the girls have taken a picture with Santa. I'll admit that I am a bit of a lazy mom. It's not that I don't like Santa. It's the thought of standing in line for a couple of hours with 2 screaming toddlers for a 10 second meeting with Santa. All the mayhem sends me into a panic. Plus, have you seen the movie Bad Santa? Scenes keep running through my mind of Santa guzzling Mad Dog and chain smoking on his break. Ugh. The whole scenario makes my stomach turn.

But this year is different. Very different. The girls are calmer and can follow directions. OK, who am I kidding here? They are about as calm as a 3 year old can be. The difference is that I can see a fit coming a mile away and can usually stop it by giving the mommy stink eye. You know what it looks like. Chances are you have either been on the receiving end or have given the mommy stink eye. The squinty "don't you even dare act like that in public" look. And let's face it, they follow directions when they want to. Not all the time. But, more often than not.

What's different about this year is that they are really INTO Christmas. It finally clicked. Their little minds comprehended that Santa was coming to our house to leave presents. With all the excitement over Christmas, how could I deny their first formal meeting of the big guy? Even if we had to wait an hour with 100 other screaming, coughing, sneezing petri dish kids. It was worth it. Every single second. Plus this Santa was the anti- Bad Santa. The girls didn't want to leave his lap. We had to remove them. Physically remove them. :)








No comments: