Thursday, January 29, 2009

Naughty Kate

I firmly believe that all children are drawn to the household's pet food and water.  It's this inexplicable force urging them to explore and play.  Whether it is a dog or cat, it's all fair game.  Luckily the kids haven't eaten the dogs food....yet.  I am sure a day will come when I catch Jill happily chewing on some dog kibbles or Kate licking the water bowl.  I have caught Jill using her fork to stir the dog food, so I am pretty sure a taste test is just around the corner.  

A few days ago, the girls were VERY interested in the dogs eating.  Kate laid down on the ground right next to Bailey and watched every mouthful he was eating.  Luckily our dogs have never shown any food aggression unless the food in question is a pigs ear.  Just to be on the safe side, I shoo'ed both of the girls away so the dogs could eat in peace.  Yeah right!  Jill amused herself with some other task while Kate went back to watch.

This time I had the camera in hand and caught Kate red handed or wet handed while happily splashing in the dog's water.  Good times!


Splish splash


Busted, but I will give you my sweet smile to distract you


I will now apologize to Murphy by giving him a hug.  The cuteness of the whole scene will make mommy forget that I was playing in the dog's water, yet again.  Mission accomplished! 


No comments: